Friday, July 5, 2013

i wanna set my heart on the rail


photo.JPG

saw joel plaskett at the toronto urban roots fest last night. he put on a show, that's for sure. he played a favourite that really resonated this time. there must be a word for the feeling of being enrapt amongst others that are also enrapt. heart-swelling stuff and things. i was there by myself but was swallowed by crowd-feeling and then wasn't alone. i'm pushing myself to do things alone, do things i WANT to do, alone. a year ago i never would have bothered. it's worth the hassle.

this song:



I want to find me a whole new world
I want to sail on the sky so blue
I want to walk to the edge of the earth
I want to take my chances with you
I want to find me a brand new land
I want to walk round my Cabot Trail
I want that feeling when I hold your hand
I want to set my heart on the rail
I want to set my heart on the rail
I want to set my heart on the rail

a little of the heres and theres of late:

photo 2.JPG

yes, another one. it's almost an annoying talent. it's difficult to walk past a patch without speed-reading it for that telltale cluster.

photo 1.JPG


cancel everything:

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 4.JPG

photo 5.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 5.JPG

lone wolf. 

2 comments:

Christina said...

Four things:

1. That peony photo is GORGEOUS
2. You are such a babe
3. Doing things you want to do alone is kind of a great life lesson - like learning to be okay with going to the movies alone
4. So stoked to see you tomorrow!

sarah said...

1) i look at that peony photo a lot! it makes me feel springy.
2) takes one to know one
3) i haven't done that one yet, it's next!
4) ME TOOO!!